- Application Fee deadline: May 1st
- Deadline for application and supporting documents: May 15th
- Interview & admission processing: May-June
- Fellowship Admission: July 15th
- Application Fee deadline: October 1st
- Deadline for application and supporting documents: October 15th
- Interview & admission processing: October-November
- Fellowship Admission: December 15th
- The 2019 fellowship admissions will be July 15, 2019 and December 15, 2019
- All NAIOMT Fellows-in-training will receive clinical mentoring from a manual therapy specialist with an FAAOMPT or equivalent credential.
- The NAIOMT Fellowship does not currently use the central admission system through ABPTRFE (RF-PTCAS). Applications must be made directly to NAIOMT.
- NAIOMT OMPT Fellowship admissions during 2019 will accept those who demonstrate clinical experience in orthopedic and manual physical therapy, or have completed an OCS or orthopedic residency.
- Admissions after 1/1/20: ABPTRFE has changed admission criteria, to require a minimum of an OCS or completion of an accredited residency. As recently published ABPTRFE fellowship criteria do not match International Standards (IFOMPT), NAIOMT will be developing a revised fellowship program once program education standards have been ratified. We will then announce the next admission window.
APTA Accredited & AAOMPT Approved
Since 2000, the Fellowship Program has been accredited by the APTA as a postprofessional clinical fellowship in orthopaedic manual physical therapy. The American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy has continuously recognized the NAIOMT program since 1998. A physical therapist graduate of the Fellowship Program may apply for the Fellow credential with the Academy (FAAOMPT).
The NAIOMT Clinical Fellowship Program (CFP) is a self-directed, part-time, eclectic program to enhance your safe, efficient and effective advanced clinical reasoning and management of complex musculo-skeletal dysfunctions. Our strength is the clinical expertise of our faculty.
You gain access to:
- Master clinicians passionate about clinical practice
- A combination of in-person and distance OMPT education and advanced clinical mentoring
- Graduate credits towards postprofessional doctoral degrees
- Patient satisfaction resulting from your clinical reasoning and advanced psychomotor skills