NAIOMT'S Stacy Soappman knows what it is like to spend the day in the clinic treating patients who are larger than yourself. It can be hard, and often you feel like it will be difficult to make a difference in the patient's pain or function because of the size difference between patient and therapist. Watch the below video as she demonstrates one way she has adapted a thoracic manipulation for when the patient is broader than your arms are long.
Browse NAIOMT's course schedule and get more practical manual therapy guidance from Stacy and other expert NAIOMT faculty instructors in person at these upcoming relevant courses:
- Bozeman, MT - May 18-19, 2019 - Thoracic Spine
- San Diego, CA - May 19, 2019 - Manip Like a Girl: Work Smarter Not Harder
- Seattle, WA - June 1-2, 2019 - Thoracic Spine
- Dallas, TX - June 14-15,2019 - Thoracic Spine
- Blauvelt, NY - Sept 14-15, 2019 - Thoracic Spine
- Salt Lake City, UT - Sept 28-19, 2019 - Thoracic Spine